WEICan invites interested manufacturers to suppliers small wind turbines for Net Metering Initiative
February 20, 2009
WEICan is extending the deadline for information from suppliers to March 04, 2009. As a result of the Prince Edward Island announcement of a new Net Metering Initiative, the Wind Energy Institute of Canada (WEICan), Canada’s leading wind energy research and testing institute, will provide community groups with information on small wind turbine manufacturers to supply turbines in the range of 5 – 100kW for their projects. Information requested from potential suppliers includes:
- turbine specifications,
- tower specifications,
- costing information,
- product availability and lead time for delivery of wind turbines,
- warranty of wind turbines and components,
- proven track record (community/other wind energy installations, various wind environments),
- references from past clients,
- operational data (referenced availability data), and
- local sales office contacts/ if applicable.
For more information and a complete list of requirements see Net Metering Initiative - Wind Turbine Selection. In order to meet project timelines please forward the requested information by March 04, 2009.
WEICan contact for additional information: